Thursday 14 April 2011

Baked sweet potatoes with chillies

Missing my mama's steamed sweet potatoes lately. And so I grabbed just one big sweet potato from the market today. As usual, I googled all the recipes for sweet potatoes but none really suits my taste. I really want to have the sweetness of sweet potatoes with something hot and spicy.

If you search on the net recipes for sweet potatoes many would suggest you to baked them with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Since I want a sweet and spicy flavour I tried to combine a mixture of western and eastern taste into the sweet potato.

This recipe is also wonderful to replace french fries/chips for snacks. HEALTHY choice!

Ingredients
Sweet potato (keledek)
Blended dried chillies (cili kering dah blend)
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Curry powder


Baby Steps
1. Cut the sweet potato to thin slices. (picture above)
2. Put them into a large bowl.
3. Mix well all the ingredients; reasonable amount of olive oil, black pepper, salt, curry powder and chillies.
4. Put the mixed-sweet potato on a baking tray.
5. Put them into the oven and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes.





I ate them with crab salad and they taste fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment