Big fan of Kenny Rogers? Well, you might want to try this. Big fat thanks to Popo who first introduced me this recipe. You can get the full and authentic version of this roast chicken with potatoes recipe from Jamie Olivers' website!
1 whole chicken (cleaned inside)
1 bulb of garlic
A handful of thyme
A handful of rosemarry
p/s: Thyme and rosemarry might be quite hard to find in certain countries. I'm still in searching what can replace rosemarry and thyme best. I'll share with you once I find one.
1. It is best to marinade your chicken with black pepper and salt and keep it inside the fridge at least 8-10 hours before.
2. Rub a reasonable amount of salt and black pepper inside and out of the chicken.
3. Boil a large amount of salted water.
4. Cut potatoes into wedges-sliced, peel 1 bulb of garlic and make holes on the lemon using a fork.
5. Boil the ingredients above in the salted water for about 12-15 minutes.
6. Drain the water and allow them to steam (this will make the potatoes crispier)
7. Take out the chicken and rub reasonable amount of olive oil, tumeric and roasted herbs inside and out the chicken.
8. Push the garlics, lemon and thyme inside the chicken.
9. Put the potatoes around the chicken and place the rosemarry on the potatoes.
10. Roast the chicken and potatoes gas 6/204 degrees celcius (but I prefer gas 7 because it roasted faster and crispier)
11. Once cooked take out all the inside ingredients of the chicken, cut and serve according to your preference. I normally cut the chicken into 4 parts and served them with the roasted potato and salad.