Rich tea biscuits (other options: digestive biscuits)
2 tupperwares of 300g Philadelphia original full fat soft cheese
1 soured cream (300 ml)
1 double cream (300 ml) (Other options: whip cream)
There are 3 stages for this cake.
Stage 1: The crust
1. Blend the biscuits until you get biscuit crumbs. (depends on how thick you want the crust to be)
2. Melt butter in a pan.
3. Add sugar and stir until it melts.
4. Add melted butter and sugar into the blended biscuits and mix well.
5. Carefully coat the bottom of your baking tin with the mixture.
6. Use the bottom of a glass to press the crust flat and even.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes (gas 4/ 180 degrees celcius) and keep inside the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
Stage 2: The filling
1. Mix well and beat Philadelphia cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and 200 ml double cream in a bowl.
(you decide the quantity of sugar and lemon zest according to your taste and diet)
2. Take out the crust from the fridge and pour the above mixture over the base.
3. Bake for 1 hour (gas 4/ 180 degrees celcius)
Stage 3: The topping
1. Mix well and beat soured cream, sugar and the remaining double cream in a bowl.
2. Once the filling is baked, let it cool down about 10 minutes and then pour the above mixture over the filling.
3. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Finally, once your cake is baked, keep it inside the fridge at least 6 hours before you start to serve.
|A sprinkle of chocolate powder would be nice!|
Bake your own cheesecake today!